Leaning Lodge Trust
June 2016: Leaning Lodge is officially closed at present after discussions with the DCC and DOC........pending an updated engineering report. Any inquiries ring/txt Alan Thomson 0210551139 or Pete Strang 0274731265
In the event you need to pay any fees or make a donation to
the Leaning Lodge Trust, use this bank account number for
Internet banking: 060901 0362957 00
Please include your name and details or your payment.
At the 2006 OTMC Annual General Meeting, a trust was formed with the following objectives:
'The purpose of the Trust is to promote the environmental, recreational and educational role of Leaning Lodge within the context of the Rock and Pillars and are as follows:'
- To maintain the hut for the public to use
- To bring the hut up to an acceptable standard and comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements for the hut.
- To obtain a concession or formal written arrangement from the land owner for the ongoing occupation of the hut on the site.
- To protect and foster the historical connection the OTMC, tramping clubs and Ski Clubs have had with Leaning Lodge.
- To promote the use of Leaning Lodge property for the use of recreational walkers, skiers, and other people.
- To solicit other like-minded organisations to work together to achieve the purposes of the Trust.
In time, these pages will include the full history of this hut as well as providing information on access to the hut.